Experienced Commercial Litigator Serving Texas Communities
Attorney Practicing In All Areas of Antitrust, Contract Disputes, Fraud, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Related Areas
The Law Offices of Colby Lewis, has significant experience representing businesses in cases involving contract disputes, commercial transactions, fraud and misrepresentation, mergers and acquisitions, and related causes of action. This includes both common and complex commercial litigation issues, and those that require aggressive litigation in court or successful mediation and negotiation.
Specifically, our attorney has handled hundreds of cases involving complex issues such as:
- Breach of fiduciary duty: For violating the duty to act in the best interest of another party (for example, a board member failing his or her fiduciary duty to the shareholders)
- Business Law Torts: Such as legal issues related to interfering with economic or business relationships which results in economic loss
- Commercial Transactions: Covering violations of the laws governing business dealings, such as specific contract provisions
- Commercial Collection Matters: Pursuing the collection of a debt against a business
- Commercial Real Estate Development: Legal matters related to the creation and ongoing operation of buildings, developments, etc.--all real estate
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation and Disputes: Commercial lease disputes, land use, partnership disputes, title disputes, issues related to condominium associations, sales and acquisition disputes, and related issues
- Contract law: Assisting in the drafting and creation of contracts, as well as any disputes that arise over business contracts and/or provisions
- Fraud & misrepresentation: Related to contract law, individuals and businesses may recover against another if a known false representation was made, resulting in damages
- Insurance Claims: Working to ensure that insurance companies honor the terms of their policies
- Mergers & acquisitions: Handling any legal matters related to the consolidation of two businesses into one or one business taking ownership of another’s stock, equity, or assets
- Oil & gas disputes: Strategic legal counsel and representation to oil and gas clients, including conflict resolution and arbitration
- Overtime violations: Helping resolve legal issues related to employment law and overtime
- Partnership disputes: Internal disputes between business partners, directors, shareholders, etc.
- Securities fraud: Loss due to inappropriate investment advice or fraud
- Unfair competition: Legal issues arising from trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, etc.
Attorney Colby Lewis offer a particular expertise when these areas overlap with construction defects, defective products, and personal injury. He has the ability to take a complex issue and make it simple and comprehensible to a judge or jury.
Commercial Litigation FAQs
Contact a Commercial Litigator
The Law Offices of Colby Lewis, is ready to take on your commercial or business litigation matter. It is crucial that you work with someone who is experienced and can help you navigate your options. Contact the firm today.