At the Law Offices of Colby Lewis, we are proud to have been able to recover and achieve justice on behalf of our clients. To learn more about some of our cases, please feel free to read about them below. However, please do keep in mind that these verdicts and settlements are intended to be representative of cases handled by Colby Lewis and Law Offices of Colby Lewis. As the facts and law on each case differ, these listings are not a guarantee or prediction of the outcome of any other claims.
To learn more about how we can help you with your case, please contact us today.
Commercial Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Obtaining a complete summary judgment and dismissal of all claims ($0.00 payment) on behalf of a national petroleum transport and chemical transport services company in a commercial motor vehicle accident with a spinal cord-injured Plaintiff seeking $20 million dollars in economic damages.
- Defending and successfully settling a gross negligence claim against a motor carrier (one of the nation’s largest transportation companies) involving a commercial motor vehicle accident and allegations of violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Defending and successfully settling a multi-million dollar claim against an asset-based Truckload/LTL carrier in a rear-end high-speed collision in which the company driver allegedly violated the Texas Transportation Code and Texas Motor Carrier Guidelines and the plaintiff needed to be extracted from his motor-vehicle by hydraulic rescue tools.
- Defending and successfully settling a multi-million dollar claim brought against a scrap and salvage company regarding a catastrophic injury (broken bones, brain damage, and permanent disability) suffered due to alleged gross negligence in maintaining its commercial trucks.
- Obtaining a dismissal of all claims ($0.00 payment) on behalf of a Louisiana marine transportation corporation in a Jones Act case.
- Obtaining a dismissal of all claims ($0.00 payment) on behalf of a national franchise family restaurant chain in a personal injury lawsuit brought by one of its customers for injuries sustained in the parking lot of one of its restaurant locations.
- Representing a national decor retail chain store in numerous personal injury and premises liability cases throughout Texas.
- Obtaining a dismissal of all claims ($0.00 payment) on behalf of a national plumbing supplier in a products liability action in relation to a catastrophic plumbing failure, which flooded an upscale Houston residential home.
- Acting as outside counsel for an international oil and gas pipeline servicing company to resolve licensing, intellectual property, contract, and payment claims, often without the need or expense of litigation. Recently, obtaining successful resolution in the company’s favor in a licensing infringement dispute in relation to the unauthorized attempted reverse engineering of the company’s in-line inspection services technology.